TYLER J. MIRANDA
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you." - Maya Angelou
Don't these floating caricatures of my head kind of remind you of Andross from Star Fox? Or is that just me? Anyway...
Getting older is a curse that we've all inherited, but I'm glad to say that during my life I've had three constant loves: Music, Food and Writing.
I was that kid when the teacher asked to write a five page paper, I wrote ten. I was the toddler that was standing on a stool cooking eggs on the stove with my mom watching to make sure I didn't burn the house down. I was also the kid that treasured his CD Player while he was riding the bus to school.
As I got older these passions only got more deeply rooted into the soil that is my life.
In High School I directed my own radio show with my best friend called, "The Dr.Bones and Tetra Show." The show was broadcasted from 2010-2012 on blogtalkradio.com. We had over 80 shows and 100,000 listeners over lifespan of the program. We interviewed bands such as Iration, Pepper, The Expendables and SOJA.
After the radio show I became a contract photographer while in college at Northern Arizona University (2011-2015). I shot over 70 concerts during the course of three years as well as wrote for various publications across the state of Arizona.
Upon graduating college I went to Law School, but that's a totally different story for a different day. I've always been passionate about writing and educating people on various types of undiscovered music or hole-in-wall eateries. I'm now in a position to do this full-time and I couldn't be any more excited.
If you get anything from this website, I hope it's that you grow an understanding to give all types of music and food a chance. Don't just listen or look at something and say "this sucks." Study it, analyze it. Why does it suck? Why is it awesome? Continue to ask questions.
Lastly, keep an open mind while you browse the site, and most importantly, learn from it. Thank you for reading and enjoy.
- Tyler Miranda
Cold Hard Facts:
1. My first concert ever was The White Stripes at Mesa Amphitheatre in Arizona on September 23rd, 2003. It changed my life.
2. Published in the Arizona Republic, The Lumberjack, Arizona Daily Sun, Bleacher Report and Creatavist (NY Times Off-Shoot).
3. Directed The Dr.Bones and Tetra Show, unassisted, from 2010-2012, broadcasting over 80 shows to over 100,000 lifetime listeners.
4. Won an Emmy Award for best student director while in college (2015).
5. Worked as a contract photographer working over 70 shows (Justin Timberlake, Kendrick Lamar, Ed Sheeran, etc).
Hot Soft Opinions:
1. I believe that hip-hop was at it's best in the early 90's. The Low End Theory (1991), The Chronic (1992), Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) (1993) Doggystyle (1993), Illmatic (1994), Ready to Die (1994).
2. I believe My Chemical Romance, Green Day and Blink-182 changed every 90's born teenager for the better.
3. I believe Twenty One Pilots is the best all-around band to come out of the twenty-first century.
4. I believe great food can cure a bad mood.
5. I believe everyone should be given a second and third chance at whatever they do.